segunda-feira, 24 de setembro de 2007

Holly Shit: Part III - Jim Dodge

The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.
– Ken Kesey

(...)

I believe every atom of creation
Is indelibly printed with divinity.
I believe in the warm peach
Rolled in the palm of my hand.
I believe God plays the saxophone
And the Holy Ghost loves to dance.

And I believe we are born to both fate and chance,
That we’re meant to chase ourselves
Through the labyrinths of desire,
Get lost, slaughtered, and discover
Extravagant pleasures lusciously prolonged.
And I believe that we can only attain such detachment
Through total, unstinting attachment to this world,
Here and now, all, every bit,
By getting your face in it
And throwing your self away.

I believe that faith is a reflex of gratitude
And that faith demands we go down singing
Rather than dwindle into constant snivel
Because existence won’t give us what we want.

I believe every voice in the choir,
Every breath-born note and syllable, the bell ringing,
Every quiver of sound.
And I believe most of all
My belief is not required.

Nenhum comentário: